Right now at Homebase, there really are a number of fantastic opportunities to join the business at a significant time of investment since our acquisition by Bunnings, the leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products in Australia and New Zealand.
One area of the business that is especially exciting to be a part of is our Store Development Team in which we have a number of exciting projects and developments happening. We currently have a number of Project Manager vacancies in the team which are a real opportunity to play a key part in leading the delivery of a variety of store projects at Homebase. These include; store fit outs, store upgrades, extensions, rebrands, refurbs, downs sizes and business initiative roll outs. Also, with the launch of the UK’s very first Bunnings Warehouse opening to customers in February next year, you will also have the opportunity to be a part of launching a new brand into the UK.
Under the new ownership, Homebase is committed to offering customers a wide range of home improvement and garden products at ‘always low prices’. Working closely with a variety of both internal and external partners, you will be working to develop schemes and project scopes that ensure all internally approved projects are developed, delivered and handed over within expected timescales and to budget. Ensuring we also deliver on our promise of ‘Always Low Prices’.
· Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholder within all business units. Ensuring timely, accurate, concise and relevant information is communicated within the department/other functions and stores.
· Develop cost effective schemes that deliver Every Day Low Cost to Homebase and Bunnings UK & ROI through great cost control, value engineering & cost workshops.
· To deliver a variety of projects, achieved through ownership and direction to the project teams. Being able to react quickly to challenges faced on-site.
· Develop and maintain relationships with Projects Delivery Manager to ensure information is shared regularly and standards are consistently improved.
· Ensure that store presentation standards are in line with the warehouse strategy providing a shopping environment that is clean, safe and well maintained.
· Demonstrate personal commitment to safety. Leading by example, working safely at all times and encourage and supporting safe work practices.
· Mentor / Coach internal Project Coordinators as required
· Proven Project Management experience in construction and/or fit out projects - both client and contractor - ideally from within a retail environment
· Excellent communicator at across all levels and highly engaging and effective.
· Proven leader in cross-functional working parties, building trust and driving performance.
· Strong commercial/management skills - Planning and organising, Controlling, Analysis, Problem solving, Strategic thinking
· Excellent financial management/budget management experience
· Action oriented with a strong customer and colleague focus
· Performance driver and strong people leader
In February 2016 Homebase was acquired by Bunnings the leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products in Australia and New Zealand. With huge investment being made into the business and its people, we have exciting changes ahead.
It’s the start of a brand new chapter for us and a truly exciting time to join the business as we begin this new journey with a key focus on offering our customers the widest range of products at the lowest process.
What we offer:
On top of a competitive salary and a variety of benefits, Homebase has won awards for its development programmes, so you’ll be in good hands. From the outset, we’ll ensure you have all the training you need to do your job and support you in creating a development plan that puts you in charge of your professional growth.