There’s never been a more exciting time to join Homebase. With our new owners, Bunnings, we’re changing how we do things and shifting up a gear. By joining us at the beginning, you’ll be able to help us build the best home improvement and garden business in the UK. And, because we understand that it’s you who will make this happen, you can be sure you’ll be working in a culture that’s geared to helping you give your best. As a Store Manager you’ll have full responsibility for the stores health and safety, merchandising, financial performance on top of leading all of our people and developing and inspiring them. So this is a big role that suits people who work smart and have great leadership qualities.
What will you be doing:-
• We are looking for a Store Manager to join us in Luton and like most multi-site retailers, we want people who can be flexible and can potentially work in a number of our stores.
• Showing a real passion for customer focus, innovation, and ability to make tough decisions will enable you to thrive in a role that is challenging and demanding - achieving targets for business growth, increased sales, operating standards, and colleague development and performance.
What will help you succeed: -
• You’ll have excellent coaching and mentoring skills, inspiring and motivating your team to exceed targets and achieve their full potential.
• Experience of leading a large team in a fast moving retail environment.
• Commercial awareness with proven control of overheads and increasing sales and a strong focus on improving the customer experience.
What’s in it for you:-
Our Store Operations team are the face of our business. They’re the people who meet our customers and keep our stores running smoothly - every day. As part of the team, you’ll get a competitive salary, support to develop, staff discount and other flexible benefits. And if you love helping people and working in a place that's changing all the time, this could be just the team you're looking for.