At Homebase our Store Operations team are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be the face of our business – helping our customers and delivering great service to keep our stores running smoothly every day.
We’re always looking for great people to join our team, and whether you’re helping a customer to spruce up their garden, mixing a new colour for their bedroom or serving with a smile at the till there will always be something to keep you busy. And we can offer a range of contracts. You’ll need to be flexible to support our busiest times, which can include weekday, evening and weekend work, as well as public holidays.
What will you be doing?
• Offering help to make sure our customers have a great experience
• Helping our stores to stay full, clean and tidy
What will help you succeed?
• A can-do personality to engage with customers and the ability to demonstrate true service skills
• Eager to support and contribute to the wider team
• Great communication skills
• Work with energy, pace and passion
• Good organisation and prioritisation skills
• Previous retail experience is preferred, but not essential. What’s more important to us is that you’re passionate about home improvement, gardens, DIY and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
So if you’re motivated by putting a smile on a customer’s face and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, Homebase could be the place for you.
We regret that due to high volumes of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates 249 stores across the UK and Ireland (as at 31 May 2018), employing 11,500 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, and kitchens – all available in-store or online at www.homebase.co.uk.
Homebase was acquired by Hilco Capital, a financial services and investment company, in May 2018.