Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
- Along with senior stakeholders you will be heavily involved in effective range building, wales and inventory management merchandise planning whilst also overseeing range planning both online and in our stores.
- From our trading performance team meetings, you will be analytical in your approach and find opportunities to further our output within.
- You will be first port of call when sharing best team practices and remaining proactive in your approach when reviewing our strategies.
What will I be doing?
- Full responsibility of the organisation's range plans and associated metrics.
- Reviewing and analysing our range plans.
- Reviewing our range performance and liaising with key stakeholders on how to better performance for our customers.
- Working closely with supply chain teams to ensure efficient flow of merchandise through the business.
- Accountability for signing off exit strategies for events and for the clearing of stock.
- Lead any improvements to merchandising systems and processes at both a strategic and tactical level, implementing improvements and sharing best practice across the business for continuous improvement.
What I need to be successful:
- Significant Merchandise planning knowledge gained from working in fast paced and ever changing enjoinments, ideally retail.
- Highly analytical with first class organisational, communication and presentation skills Commercially aware with a love of product.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Awareness of the homewares market and have a strong understanding of sourcing and global supply chains.
- Be influential, organised, structured and detailed in their approach.
- Experience of working within a modern, professional and customer orientated environment where proactivity is key
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.