Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
We are looking for Category Marketing Planners with experience in busy retail environments to play a pivotal role in driving sales growth and improving category market share through robust trade plans that delight our customers and deliver against objectives
You will influence across the business to see these plans come to fruition, working closely with Commercial, Marketing and Retail Marketing, and Digital teams
What will I be doing?
- Share relevant data and insight regularly with the category and consider the implications, ensure insight is built into the category strategy
- Marketing representative and voice of the customer in category strategy development
- Aligns digital and commercial plans from a customer perspective
- Creation of the category marketing objectives, brief and plan that delivers a cohesive end to end customer experience, including instore and digital execution, content, communication, people/service working with the relevant experts across the business
- Marketing lead on range review activity looking to engage experts when appropriate
- Ensures new, innovative products and ranges are communicated to customers in an engaging way across all channels
- Feed category agenda into the central plan understanding the periods of biggest opportunity
- Owner of the category trading plan to be delivered through the marketing channels
- Documents the line level detail of the trading plan calendar identifying offers and hero lines including digital only campaigns
- Understands the role and importance of the category across the calendar year identifying key timings for support
- Develops seasonal category campaigns from brief: customer messages and RTBs, offer line up through to execution - content, online, instore incl. POS and mat and owns critical path through the channels
- Conduit between the category and the marketing channels ensuring all nominations drive business performance
- Monitors performance on all activity ensuring we support the biggest opportunities
- Ensure commercial teams understand briefs and deadlines
What I need to be successful:
- Preferably degree qualified with retail experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable stakeholder management and communication skills
- Ability to build strong business networks across multiple departments
- Skilled at organisation and long-term planning
- Insight led, customer focused and commercially astute
- Detailed understanding and analysis of performance metrics
- Able to manage change with agility and positivity
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.