Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
To lead the planning, communication and execution of all projects within the Concession Development strategy ensuring agile, cross functional working to deliver against budget and time constraints
What will I be doing?
- Create and own all project documentation including the business case, project initiation documentation, critical paths, risks and issues registers and status updates
- Engage with all stakeholders which can include internal colleagues, contractors and suppliers to ensure the critical path of roll out and implementation is delivered
- Ensure a matrix work approach is adopted to enable aligned work flows therefore not having a negative impact on the critical path
- Owner of all information and communication regarding the critical path and implementation of concessions working alongside the commercial team to ensure a good performance and partnership
- Conduct regular meetings as necessary to ensure stakeholders at all levels are kept informed of progress, risks and issues, providing all relevant information in order that decisions can be made quickly to keep the project on track
- Create and deliver informative and engaging presentations to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
What I need to be successful:
- Previously held a Project Management role within a busy retail environment
- Effective communication and numeracy skills
- Ability to conduct stakeholder management
- Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner qualification desirable
- Experience within Concession Project Management would be an advantage
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.