Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Network Planner to join our team in our Milton Keynes Head Office. Reporting into the Network Planning Manager to, optimise the flow of stock and storage capacities through Distribution Centres. Identifying and implementing process changes to maximise efficiencies and reduce cost through the utilization of business reports, combined with effective stakeholder influencing and management
What will I be doing?
- Generate and understand seasonal trading and develop robust plans for flowing stock effectively; this includes mapping the physical space required to support agreed product flows, highlighting and mitigating any risk to those plans and, taking the lead on the necessary product moves and DC alterations required to ensure that all timelines are met
- Be the driving force behind delivering network change, and effectively engage key stakeholders to ensure that our Homebase Network is future-proof and capable of delivering peak volumes effectively
- Forge collaborative working relationships across functions to positively influence the stock agenda, creating change momentum
- Analyse and support plans for key events such as promotional activity, range reviews, monitor and ensure stock exit strategy in DC is completed
- Ensure internal stakeholders are well briefed on the activity and work with them to ensure optimal efficiency
- Work effectively across all internal and external stakeholders to drive process improvement and manage change effectively
- Analyse the impact of network growth (new lines) and provide recommendations to improve efficiency
- Assess central stock holding; to identify high/long stock cover product lines in DC and positively influence key stakeholders to resolve
- Analyse central stock & sales reporting to identify and implement changes to stock flow to optimise DC capacities e.g. X-Dock, Pick to zero opportunities
- Agree and lock down forward inbound supply plan (import & domestic) on minimum 4-week horizon
- Analyse and liaise with Merchandising teams regarding decisions on inbound orders, containers and stock flow
- Manage DC capacities and capabilities ensuring right product, right place, right time
- To be a key interface into Network Strategy development projects and activities
What I need to be successful:
- Supply chain/Distribution experience or Graduate preferred
- Must have thorough understanding of distribution centre operation processes
- Proven project management skills
- Skilful and collaborative communicator who is adept at forging internal/external relationships
- Advanced data trending analysis skills and ability to mine large data sets and critique summations
- Solutions focused approach with the ability to create momentum and manage change
- Resilient and can demonstrate influencing skills
- A working knowledge of SAP and excellent presentation skills would be an advantage
- You will be required to visit distribution centres and suppliers
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.