Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
We are looking for an experienced Merchandise Assistant for a fixed term contract to cover maternity for 6 -12 months. The Merchandise Assistant is responsible for supporting the merchandiser with planning and delivery of range. They will be accountable for setting replenishment levels to meet sales demand, and actions to maintain availability. They will work closely with the Merchandise Assistant to ensure a fluid stock flow meets customer’s needs
What will I be doing?
- Running replenishment reports and uploading replenishment levels
- Accurate store tiering to drive appropriate levels of stock into store in line with rate of sale
- Generating reports and product forecasts, working with suppliers on delivery performance
- Reviewing OOS data in conjunction with sales and replenishment levels
- Updating the WSSI with accurate information
What I need to be successful:
- A Merchandising background would be preferred
- Must be a confident user of SAP, Excel, Business Objects, Word and Outlook
- Target and deadline driven with excellent analytical skills
- A good communicator who can build relationships with internal/external stakeholders
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.