Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Commercial Finance Manager who is innovative and pragmatic in their approach. You will be responsible for providing financial guidance and support to key commercial stakeholders and colleagues so that they can make sound business decisions
Dealing with complex modelling and analysis, as well as having a sound grasp of financial systems and procedures comes naturally to you and ambiguity is a challenge to relish
What will I typically be doing?
- Providing and interpreting financial information
- Analysing change and advising accordingly
- Support in formulating strategic and long-term business plans
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Analysing competitors and market trends
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for sales increasing opportunities
- Managing financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Managing budgets
What I need to be successful:
- Experienced Finance professional with a Commercial background, preferably within retail
- Commercial acumen and an inquisitive mindset
- You are adept at building relationships and are a strong influencer
- Tenacious with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- A qualified or part qualified Accountant would be advantageous
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, Business Objects and TM1 is desirable
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.