Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
Would you like to join Homebase as a Campaign Marketing Planner? You will translate business and category strategies into a marketing and trading plan that delights customers and delivers against our objectives. Delivering the right message to the right customer through the right channels at the right time, aligned to customer mindsets and missions
What will I be doing?
- Long term planning and delivery in the here and now including input into all comms activity
- Lay out an 18-month calendar and gains buy in from the business
- Build the plan based on insight, data and customer mindset ensuring we are focussing on the biggest possible opportunities
- Work closely with the category planners to understand commercial strategies and approach
- Develop campaigns with clear audiences and objectives based on business and customer needs and reflecting the biggest opportunities at any time
- Work closely with campaign planning to ensure all deadlines are hit within the process and sets the critical path for the marketing element of the campaign
- Write the brief for merchandising and ensures responses align to the plan
- Brief the comms and POS teams and ensures the approach aligns to the plan
- Work closely with the digital and operations team to ensure optimum execution across channel
- Own the launch and delivery of the campaign across all touchpoints
- Set the priorities by week for the home page and lead comms channels ensures all the activity is reflected in the main trading calendar
- Understand the performance of campaigns and act quickly to course correct
- Support the Campaign team in delivering the overall process and critical path, looking for opportunities to improve and simplify where possible
- Review processes within Marketing looking to improve and simplify where possible
- Stays close to any new insight - customer, market and brand insight and tracking, econometrics, competitor and digital and makes changes to the plan as appropriate
- Build strong relationships with the marketing channels, Trading, Operations and Digital teams
What I need to be successful:
- Preferably degree qualified with demonstrable retail marketing experience
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Skilled at influencing the business to ensure plans come to fruition
- Highly organised and adept at managing multiple priorities
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- 20% Store discount
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.