Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
An exciting opportunity for someone with proven administration and preferably some buying admin experience, the Buying Assistant will play a key role in the support of a busy, fast-paced environment. Working closely with the Buyer within one of the brands key categories to provide support in all aspects of the buying process, including; gathering product information from suppliers, uploading this onto internal database, sample management, through to quality assurance. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, written & verbal, with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders, approaching task-oriented solutions with a logical and efficient attitude. Highly organised, a head for figures and sound MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
What will I be doing?
- Providing administrative support in all aspects of the buying process, to include supplier & stakeholder liaison, sample management & quality assurance.
- Gathering product information from suppliers and inputting them into the system
- Utilising strong communication and relationship building skills, ensuring efficient support is provided to the buying team and strategy goals are met.
- Resolving customer queries and concerns are addressed by working in unison with Customer Services & suppliers, documenting throughout the process
- Support the Buyer in Critical Path management
What I need to be successful:
- Previous buying/marketing administration experience, or relevant
- Ability to utilise Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel) to an intermediate level
- Commercially aware
- Highly numerate
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Strong communicating and relationship building skills