Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
As a Product Information Assistant within the Digital team, your primary responsibility will be to work with the commercial teams and suppliers to deliver market leading product information, images and content in your designated categories. Reporting to the Digital PIM Coordinator, you will use a Product Database System to deliver a best in class customer experience on the product page and through the navigation journey, and this will in turn improve conversion and deliver strong sales performance to budget.
What will I be doing?
- You should be comfortable working within a fast paced and constantly changing environment to deliver your goals. Critically the role holder should be able to plan their own workload to meet critical deadlines and to ensure the continuous improvement of the product merchandising
- With a high level of attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team, the role requires an understanding of, and focus on, customer’s needs
- Success in the role requires the ability to work effectively with colleagues in the Digital team, Commercial Trading and 3rd party suppliers
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion and understanding for online and multi-channel retailing and customer behaviours. An ability to recognise the levers, and recommend improvements, to improve the onsite customer experience to deliver sales both online and in store will be pivotal to the role
- The role requires good communication skills and the ability to influence and educate the wider business in the critical success factors for online retailing, and to successfully sell in recommendations to both Digital and Commercial Trading colleagues
- Experience of web merchandising and product systems would be highly beneficial
- Experience in a data role, managing data quality and integrity, would be highly beneficial
Photoshop and copy writing skills and experience would be highly beneficial
What I need to be successful:
- Demonstrable customer focus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot inconsistencies, errors and omissions which could affect the customers experience and financial performance
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Proven planning capabilities to deliver initiatives up to 12 months’ out
- Commercial awareness and drive, understanding the key drivers of sales and profit performance
- Demonstrable capability to proactively seek and implement new and better ways to serve the customer and to drive commercial benefit for the business
- Numerate, able to use data and analytics to support proposals and to review the success of initiatives
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and individually, managing work load effectively and being flexible to meet changing requirements of the broader team
- Copywriting skills
- Experience of Photoshop would be highly beneficial
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.