In a new and exciting era for Homebase, our Showroom matters more than ever. With the redevelopment of stores and their Showrooms across the estate, we’re on the lookout for creative and customer focussed team members.
As a Design Consultant your role will deliver memorable service to our customers right from the very start of their journey while choosing their new Kitchens or Bedrooms. Your role will be to understand the customers’ needs and convert them into inspirational designs that meets and exceeds their aspirations and desires.
As a Design Consultant you will be:
- Delivering memorable service and an outstanding customer experience to deliver both my personal targets and total Showroom targets
- Supporting Showroom Advisors and other Team Members in taking leads through observational coaching and recognition.
- Finding inspirational solutions for our customer’s projects, providing an industry leading service, from the first meeting, right through to a full aftercare service
- Promoting all of our services including finance and installation (where available) as well as ensuring remedial costs are minimised
- Supporting the Store Manager with the delivery of effective communications to ensure the showroom team are fully engaged and are kept up-to-date on all new products and services
- Aware of the external sales environment /carry out competitor visits using the observations to support Homebase performance
- Taking overall responsibility for the standards on our showroom, including the implementation of promotions
- Ensuring all customer journey data is on the CRM system in line with company requirements and GDPR guidelines
As a Design Consultant you will need:
- Previous experience within a sales targeted environment
- Experience with a customer experience environment
- Experience of Using CAD to design for a third party
- Strong communication and relationship building
- Commercially aware
- Commission Scheme
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank holidays
- Uncapped Staff discount
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Bupa Anytime Healthline
- Bupa Discount Portal
- Discretionary Bonus (paid quarterly)
Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 160 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 7,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.