By joining Homebase, you will be able to help us build the best home improvement and garden business in the UK. As a Store Manager you will have full responsibility for the stores health and safety, merchandising, financial performance as well as leading all the team and developing and inspiring them. This is a big role that suits people who work smart, have great leadership qualities and confidence to make decisions.
What will you be doing?
- We are looking for a Store Manager to join us in Irvine and like most multi-site retailers, we want people who can be flexible and can potentially work in a number of our stores.
- Showing a real passion for customer focus, innovation, and ability to make tough decisions will enable you to thrive in a role that is meaningful and demanding - achieving targets for business growth, increased sales, operating standards, and colleague development and performance.
What will help you succeed:
- You will have excellent coaching and mentoring skills, inspiring and motivating your team to exceed targets and achieve their full potential.
- Experience of leading a large team in a dynamic retail environment.
- Commercial awareness with proven control of overheads and growing sales and a strong focus on improving the customer experience.
What is in it for you:
- Working together as part of a dedicated and fun environment
- Competitive salary
- Support to develop
- Staff discount and other flexible benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Single Private medical cover
There has never been a more exciting time to join Homebase. Our store operations team are the heart of this transformation. You will be the face of our business - helping our customers and delivering great service to keep our stores running smoothly every day.
Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 160 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 6,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.