Customer Services Team Lead
Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 6,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
We are seeking an energetic and highly professional individual to join our team as a Customer Services Team Lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting the team to deliver the highest level of service standards and a strong customer experience. This role would suit someone who is passionate about providing exceptional service and has proven experience of motivating team members to achieve against targets and reach their potential.
What will I be doing?
- Line manager to Customer Services Supervisor(s) and Customer Services Agent(s)
- Lead and support the team to deliver a strong customer experience in an efficient and effective manner with right first-time approach
- Monitor call ‘ready’ times and ticket performance levels across the team to track progress, challenging and supporting when necessary
- Manage team rosters and annual leave
- Schedule daily team structure and responsibilities
- Help to define standards and determine goals and objectives for the team
- Complete quality checks and provide feedback on team performance to the Customer Services Manager to allow for planning of training needs
- Train/coach existing and new employees in topics such as standards, processes and team language/tone of voice
- Provide “best service” example to team members
- Escalation point for call, email and social media queries
- Research and follow-up on account or service problems with the aid of internal teams to identify and solve root causes
- Front-line support for our customers, answering inbound calls, emails, tickets, social media posts and complaints
- Use company policies and procedures to solve customer issues, directing queries to stores and internal colleagues where necessary
- Input data to business systems, making sure accurate records are kept up to date
- Liaise with suppliers/carriers on customer orders and general product information when required
- Liaise with stores to resolve and/or direct customer issues when required
What I need to be successful:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Experience of leading and managing a team with demonstrable coaching skills
- Proven ability to meet and exceed targets (KPI’s)
- Customer focused, empathetic and patient
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High level of professionalism, driving results
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Coaching skills
- Able to make quick and accurate decisions, taking ownership for resolutions
- Ability to build relationships and manage stakeholders
- Competent in Microsoft Office tools, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Office 365
- Awareness of Consumer Rights, GDPR and other relevant legislation, procedures and processes
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline