This is a Full Time Temporary position starting ASAP until June 2021
Salary £19k - £20k (perm equivalent)
Homebase currently have an exciting opportunity for a Merchandise Assistant to join our team. This is a fast paced and competitive position and you will be responsible for supporting the Merchandiser with the planning and delivery of range. This role provides the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of the business.
- Providing supplier forecasts
- Flowing stock into DC in line with budget and to fulfil sales/demand at line level
- Work with suppliers on delivery performance
- Placing orders accurately at agreed cost levels within stock budget parameters
- Working closely with the Merchandiser & Buying team to deliver the category KPIs (sales & margin, in store availability, stock vs budget, DC availability)
- Supporting the end to end stock flow
- Updating and maintenance of the WSSI
- Natural problem solver with an efficient and methodical approach to work.
- Analytical and numerate with attention to detail and great Excel and Microsoft skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage fast changing priorities
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively in order to meet strict deadlines
Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates 249 stores across the UK’s and Ireland (as at 31 May 2018), employing 11,500 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
It’s product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, and kitchens – all available in store on on-line at www.homebase.co.uk
Homebase was acquired by Hilco Capital, a financial services and investment company, in May 2018