At Homebase we’re passionate about helping customers with their home improvement and garden projects, and have a range of rewarding opportunities across the country in our Homebase stores as well as at our support centre in Milton Keynes. For more information, visit our careers site http://homebase.careers/
An exciting opportunity for someone with proven administration and preferably some buying admin experience, the Buying Assistant will play a key role in the support of a busy, fast-paced environment. Working closely with the Buyer within one of the brands key categories to provide support in all aspects of the buying process, including; gathering product information from suppliers, uploading this onto internal database, sample management, through to quality assurance. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, written & verbal, with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders, approaching task-oriented solutions with a logical and efficient attitude. Highly organised, a head for figures and sound MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
What will I be doing?
- Providing administrative support in all aspects of the buying process, to include supplier & stakeholder liaison, sample management & quality assurance.
- Gathering product information from suppliers and inputting them into the system
- Utilising strong communication and relationship building skills, ensuring efficient support is provided to the buying team and strategy goals are met.
- Resolving customer queries and concerns are addressed by working in unison with Customer Services & suppliers, documenting throughout the process
- Support the Buyer in Critical Path management
What I need to be successful:
- Previous buying/marketing administration experience, or relevant
- Ability to utilise Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel) to an intermediate level
- Commercially aware
- Highly numerate
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Strong communicating and relationship building skills
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.