2021 is already shaping up to be a very exciting year for Homebase! We're recruiting across various different teams including our commercial team who are seeking an experienced merchandiser with specialist knowledge within the kitchens/showrooms category to join them on a permanent basis!
The Merchandiser is responsible for maximising sales & profitability on buying area product range whilst minimising loss/markdowns. They will also be responsible for:
- End to end stock flow for relevant departments
- WSSI management/maintenance
- Drive stock turn and deliver business stock levels in line with budget. (Store/DC/Dockside)
- Range reviews alongside Buyers
- Support the building of a range plan alongside the buyer
- Suggesting sales driving activity to drive cash and reduce stock where appropriate.
- Improving availability to maximise sales and customer experience
- Manage suppliers ensuring a strong mutually beneficial relationship
- Constantly identifying and implementing Merchandising process improvements
- Liaising cross functionally to deliver the department plans.
- Clearance and Markdown plans in conjunction with buying.
- Stock analysis to drive stock health actions.
- Promotional/seasonal planning support
- Recommendations on pack size, MOQ/MOV
Key Result Areas (including KPI’s or financial impact if any):
- Sales and Margin
- In store Availability
- Stock £ v budget
- Stock turn
- SAP, Excel, Word, Outlook and Business Objects.
- GSCE’s/A Levels/Degree level
- Merchandising experience, preferably of a seasonal/perishable/showroom/big ticket purchase area.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong excel and Microsoft office skills
- Strong influencer
- Range building experience